Wednesday, December 15, 2010

EMT??

Why is that a question? Well...I have decided to become an EMT; actually I will be a Firefighter/EMT for Prince William County if everything goes to plan. The only training I had was when my father started choking on his steak and looked to me for help. I was very shock at myself for not panicking and immediately running over to him and promptly giving the Heimlich without a second thought; which saved his life (I think).

I hate desk jobs. My first 2 jobs I was moving around thus I didn't feel so bored and secluded. Now, I am sitting ALL day and doing the same boring work ALL day. I cannot stand it and want to get the hell out of here. Granted, I am happy that I have a good job with Inova and I work with good people and I get decently paid and have great benefits I just cannot do this for the rest of my life...the rest of next year hopefully.  I have only been here since June.

So what do I have to do to get this job? Well the good thing is that I dont need prior knowledge/experience/EMT training to get the job; they will pay you while they train you.  I have to take a written and physical test and if I pass that I can go to a 26 week training course. If I pass that? I am in!!!

We shall see and I am nervous but excited. I know some of you may be jealous because as you sit in your cubicles I will (maybe) be hanging out with a bunch of hot Firemen!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment