Yeah so I am pretty sure that I have realized recently how "old" I am. I only put those in quotations because most people would say I have my whole life ahead of me at 23 (which I guess is true). I just realized recently that it really sucks being an adult. I think that's when people figure out they are grown; when they don't wanna be. Bills, car loans, rent, going to work (everyday), less parties, less sleep, and all the above. Don't get me wrong....making my own choices and choosing where I go and who I go with is nice. The worst is budgeting and watching what I spend and when I do it gets spent "wisely".
I have come to hate that word. "Wisely" means who know more than you should; "wisely" means you say no to doing stupid shit when you'd rather pretend to act stupid and do it anyways; "wisely" is when your friends (who happen to still be in college) call you at 2AM on a Wednesday night to tell you about the color of a wall and you yell at them saying that its not important and you need your sleep...."wisely".
I remember being in 5th grade wondering how long it was going to take me to grow up and how awesome it was going to be. man...I really wish I was a 5th grader dreaming again.
No comments:
Post a Comment